Friday, October 10, 2008

inspiration!


I started learning how to screen print at the arts center downtown. I am amazed at how much work and precision goes into simply printing a one color design - not to mention two or more colors! I think I am going to really enjoy it.

I have a greater appreciation for these screen printed items now that I know more about the process of making a print. These are some lovely designs from very talented artists! Please check out their shops. 

From Left to Right: 
1. Little Modern Birds pillow by Chakra Penny Whistle
2. Secret Telling Snails Tee by Hopeful Monsters
3. Biking Animals Coasters from Cricket Press
4. Let Them Eat Cake print by Blu Lima
5. Hummingbird Organic Purse by Mingus


2 comments:

Chakra Pennywhistle said...

Hi there!

Thank you so much for the feature! I love your choices :)

I also took a screen printing course at our community college. I felt the same exact way! I completely fell in love with screen printing. The class really helped me find a comfy groove :)

Thank you again. I really appreciate it :) I wish you the very best!

sarah dean said...

Thanks for the encouragement!