Friday, November 21, 2008

Some Inspirations

"Speaking 1,000 Languages" painting by Suspect Shoppe
http://suspectshoppe.etsy.com


Lawn Ornament Print Set by Multiple Personality
http://multiplepersonality.etsy.com


Partridge in a Pear Tree earrings by Leaves of Grass
http://leavesofgrass.etsy.com



"Street Map" - the new EP by my absolute favorite band The Innocence Mission with some sweet artwork by Karen Peris! It comes out on Dec. 3rd. Can't wait. www.theinnocencemission.com

So, things have been going well. I just wanted to blog something since it's been a while. These are some of the things that have been inspiring me lately. I am working on a lot of new artwork but none of it is ready to photograph yet! Maybe I will be able to show off some stuff on here this weekend. 
I am thoroughly not ready for the holidays at all. Every year the holidays are more and more unwelcome to me. I just get tired of all the materialism that shrouds Christmas, and I hate that for most people that is all they think about when they hear the word "Christmas". Ian wants to volunteer for Meals on Wheels this year. I think it will be neat, but hard. We want to play music for the shut ins when we deliver the meals. Whenever we have played at Hospice it was always nice to see how happy the music made the patients, but it's hard not to get emotional when you realize how much time they really have left and what their life must be like now. 
Anyway, I am trying to cook more now and I've been utilizing allrecipes.com a lot. I'm sure I will find something new to whip up for Thanksgiving next week! 

No comments: