Saturday, January 10, 2009

Coffee Time

A friend of mine over at Crummy Knitting has a free pattern for a french press cozy which is adorable! After seeing her free pattern, I decided to post the french cozy that I made recently. It isn't much - just some fabric and ribbon - but in the spirit of coffee I thought I would share it.

I have a mini french press made by Pyrex. It makes just enough coffee for one person, but the coffee doesn't stay warm at all. This cozy is insulated with felt to keep the coffee warm.

The fabric is made by Moda, except for the heart fabric. I'm not sure where I got the ribbon.

This is the inside of the cozy! It is reversible! I've grown quite partial to dots recently. : )

I haven't been using my french press much since Christmas because I received an AMAZING Keurig coffee maker that makes one cup at a time. My coffee collection has expanded and now I don't drink anything but Green Mountain Coffee. It is the best coffee on earth. Organic, fair trade, always fresh (especially with this machine) and never bitter. I haven't been to Starbucks since I started drinking Green Mountain Coffee...I suspect I won't go nearly as often this year as I did last year!


It takes about 30 seconds to make a fresh cup of hot coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.

This is what I drank this morning. It is a cup of coffee in a little filter K Cup. All you do is place it in the machine and it does everything else for you!

I have a lot of other projects in the works that I hope to post soon. I hope you all have a happy weekend!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a cool coffee machine! I've seen those before, but I've never heard any feedback from someone who actually owns one.
(Thanks for the link, lol!) I love your cozy, too :-)