Sunday, May 3, 2009

plant penchant

{1}


{2}

{3}


{4}


{5}


{6}


I've grown quite attached to all of my house plants recently. There is something about taking care of living, growing, green things that makes me feel very satisfied. Some of my new artwork features my plants - I love implementing their organic shapes with more abstract, geometric elements.
To explain my long absence, I've been in the studio A LOT over the past couple of weeks, working on pieces for the "Wood and Cloth" series that I am about to start showing this Friday! If any of you are in the Knoxville area, come check out my new artwork along with Sara Fletcher's art at the V Cafe on Friday, May 7th, starting at 7:00p. There will be live music, art, and coffee. What more can you ask for?
You can visit this link for more information!

{1}
Three succulents in clay pots perch on my kitchen table as an alternative to flowers. Everyone asks me if they are fake because of their waxy fat leaves. My favorite of these is the "String of Buttons" plant on the bottom left.
{2}
I fell in love with this hanging plant as soon as I saw it at a farmers market plant sale. I'm not sure what it is called, but I have it hanging next to my desk and it inspires me. It doesn't need a lot of light and it grows downward, with tiny little dot leaves.
{3}
Another farmers market find, this ornamental purple clover is really easy to take care of. I've only had it for about 3 weeks and it has already doubled in size, with more sprouts on the way. This plant has a lot of personality - it closes its leaves at night and opens them back up during the day.
{4,5,6}
I planted these succulents in little white clay pots on my window sill. I love how each one has its own unique shade of green.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your plants ;-)
I wish I was going to be in the Knoxville area... but I'm not. Ho hum. See you tonight!