Saturday, January 15, 2011

you are here now


You are here now
In the vastnesss of space and time
May you be present here and now
print by Farouche

I found this print today in the lovely Farouche shop on Etsy, and I immediately fell in love with it. As cheesy as it may sound to you, I think the new year is a good time to contemplate how we order our lives and what our focus is. I am living in a technological age that moves at the speed of light, and my thoughts seem to be constantly running in circles in my head, a complicated web of computer signals from one end to the other, always jumping to the future or contemplating the past. How many times can I say that I have been truly present in what I am doing? When I get deeply engulfed in the creative process and my mind shuts off the chatter; when I am playing a musical instrument and am transported to an emotion beyond the plane of language - these are the times when I might actually be only in the present. Somehow I need to learn how to live beyond the mundane worries that nag at me and simply be.


No comments: