Saturday, June 25, 2011

If You Want To Receive a Message...

..Put Up Your Antenna.



I'm still tweaking this painting somewhat. I'm trying to mess around more with more paper ephemera in my paintings. This is an acrylic and mixed media on a 12 x 12 wood panel.

I love antennas. To me they symbolize the fascination we all have with connecting to something more; something higher, other. Whether we choose to admit it or not, I think we all want to know what our purpose is, why we are here, and if there is something or someone greater than us out there. I think we all want to feel like we are in touch with more than just the mundane and day to day. When we put our "antennas" up, we are showing that we believe that there is something more than us. We are trusting that our signal is being sent out and that somewhere it will be received.

No comments: