Monday, September 15, 2008

needle art diagram 1.3






Kind of a symbolic piece - one of my diagrams depicting aspects of a believer's spiritual walk. It is in a natural wood shadow box with a glass cover. The colors in this picture aren't as bright as they are in real life, sadly. I think this is the first time that I was really free and abstract with the way I put the fabrics together while still paying attention to balance and color. My favorite part of this is the yellow velvet rick rack at the top! 

I saw "Burn After Reading" yesterday - it was pretty disappointing and hard to sit through. Most of the comedy came off too dark to be funny to me, but I give them kudos for trying to make a modern Alfred Hitchcock style movie - some parts reminded  me of "The Trouble with Harry" or "Rope". All in all I give it a 1 1/2 out of five. If you were thinking about going to see Burn After Reading I would suggest renting either of those instead. Also try "Rear Window" - one of my all time favorites. 

I also saw the classic french children's film Red Balloon last night on TCM at around 2am. It was awesome! Only thirty minutes long but I nearly cried at the end - so powerful. 

I need a red balloon to be my best friend. 










No comments: